When contemplating inside timber shutters for your home, there are a few things to consider: type of finish – painted vs. stain finishes, installation method and blade size. It's important to know what blade options there are and if it's the best look & size for your room. The depth of the window reveal can also be an indicator as to which size would be best. There are three blade sizes to choose from in our inside timber plantation shutters range.
Small Blade: 64mm/View between blades: 41mm.
64mm blades are best for:
• Small windows often found in bathrooms, toilets and laundry rooms.
• Window openings that are narrow and small, where larger blades wouldn't be suitable or be optimal.
Medium Blade: 89mm/View between blades: 65mm.
89mm blades are best for:
• Standard to large sized windows. This blade size is our most popular.
• Best for living areas, bedrooms and kitchens.
• Windows that are used for natural light and a sense of openness, particularly in main living areas.
Large Blade: 114mm/View between blades: 90.5mm.
114mm blades are best for:
• Very large windows.
• For creating the maximum natural light and view. This blade size creates the maximum level of openness and creates the least obstruction when fully open.
Internal timber movable blade shutters are great for their versatility and can be tailored to your choice of blade size. ShutterKits plantation shutters are a great choice for all window openings and can suit both modern and traditional looks within your home.
If you have any questions about any of the design features of our inside painted timber or stain/lacquered plantation shutters or need assistance with a tricky situation, a photo of your window opening sent through via email to us is always a great way for us to see it through your eyes too. We're here to help.